Woburn High School has instilled the importance of education in generations of students for over 160 years. The school opened its doors in 1852 with thirty-four students in a leased room at the Knight Building on Main Street. Increasing enrollment and curriculum requirements necessitated the building of a larger school on Main Street in 1854 and again in 1906 at the Dow Farm property on Montvale Avenue. Woburn’s reputation as a leading leather manufacturer during the Civil War inspired the Tanner nickname, bull mascot and school motto: “Tanner Pride.” With the leadership of thirteen principals throughout its history, over thirty-two thousand students have graduated from this school. Today, more than half the faculty are returning alumni, and generations of Woburn families continue to send their children to this school. Join author Susan Thifault as she explores a history of pride and tradition at Woburn High School.