Explore one of the world’s most dangerous and bizarre landscapes alongside an extraordinary team of wildlife photographers, scientists, wilderness guides, rangers, and professional trackers.
This book contains nearly 100 real-life experiences from a wide variety of experts who share their hard-won wisdom from decades of adventures in the unique landscape of the Yellowstone.
You’ll laugh out loud, cringe, and cry at the funny, scary, and touching true stories about unexpectedly encountering angry grizzly bears or stampeding bison, accidentally camping out for a week or two in -70°F temperatures, and much more.
Learn from the comic and tragic mistakes of visitors who did all the wrong things when encountering the furry, famous, and ferocious icons of Yellowstone.
Find out what it’s like to
· confront grizzlies, buffalo, elk, moose, and wolves in the wild
· start a snowball fight with a bison
· cross a thermal basin in the dark while trying not to fall into a deadly hot spring
· get accidentally steamed by a geyser
· cower on a bald mountaintop during a lightning storm
· struggle to survive a cold, wet night above 10,000’, alone, with a broken femur, hoping to be discovered by rescuers
Sandy Sisti is an award-wining wildlife photographer whose Yellowstone imagery is displayed in the Smithsonian.
Carolyn Jourdan is a USA Today, Audible, and 5-Time Wall Street Journal best-selling author of wildlife biography and medical memoir.