This top-rated photography book gives you four innovations no other book offers:
1. FREE VIDEO TRAINING. Over 9 HOURS of video training integrated into the book’s content (requires Internet access). Travel around the world with Tony as he teaches you photographic techniques hands-on.
2. TEACHER AND PEER SUPPORT. After buying the book, you get access to the private Stunning Digital Photography Readers group on Facebook where you can ask the questions and post pictures for feedback from Tony, Chelsea, and other readers. It’s like being able to raise your hand in class and ask a question!
3. FREE LIFETIME UPDATES. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that existing owners receive for free. As new photography trends emerge and new camera equipment and lenses are released, you’ll see them described in the book immediately.
4. HANDS-ON PRACTICES. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
5. 400+ ORIGINAL PICTURES. Detailed example pictures taken by the author in 15 countries demonstrate both good and bad technique. NO STOCK PHOTOS. Many pictures include links to the full-size image so you can zoom in to see every pixel.
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures. First, beginner photographers will master: * Composition * Exposure * Shutter speed * Aperture * Depth-of-field (blurring the background) * ISO * Natural light * Flash * Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures * Pet photography * Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more) * Sunrises and sunsets * Landscapes * Cityscapes * Flowers * Forests, waterfalls, and rivers * Night photography * Fireworks * Raw files * HDR * Macro/close-up photography
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro’s secrets for: * Posing men and women. including corrective posing (checklists provided) * Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater) * Group photos * Remotely triggering flashes * Using bounce flash and flash modifiers * Using studio lighting on any budget * Building a temporary or permanent studio at home * Shooting your first wedding * High speed photography * Location scouting/finding the best spots and times * Planning shoots around the sun and moon * Star trails (via long exposure and image stacking) * Light painting * Eliminating noise * Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field * Underwater photography * Getting close to wildlife * Using electronic shutter triggers
MAJOR UPDATE HISTORY: 12/11/2011: Initial release 1/10/2011: Added video: baby portraits 1/18/2012: Added videos: aperture and depth-of-field, light painting, HDR, and macro 2/16/2012: Added videos: low-light hand-holding techniques, shutter speeds 3/15/2012: Added video: Controlling the Background 3/30/2012: Added videos: Outdoor Portraits and Using Off-Camera Flash 4/19/2012: Added videos: Autofocus Techniques and How to Photography Flying Birds 8/10/212: Updated examples with photos from recent tour of Europe and added four videos 11/21/2012: Added videos: Picasa and Lightroom Overviews, Buying A Flash, Buying a Tripod, Why use RAW, Cleaning Your Sensor, Levitation, Studio Tour, Bird Studio, Insects, and Fall. Added/updated sections: Back-button Focus, Flash Sync Problems, Short Flash Battery Life, Rain, Focus Problems 1/2/2013: Added section on Group Photos with two videos 1/31/2013: Added three videos: Black & White photography, Metering and Exposure Compensation, and Star Trails 2/25/2013: Added separate links to mobile and desktop videos, for people who read the book on their PC. 4/1/2013: Updated terminology to cover all popular DSLR and mirrorless cameras equally.