Girl Scouting came to Washington, DC, in June 1913 when Juliette Gordon Low decided her new girls? empowerment movement needed a national headquarters. Although the headquarters moved to New York City in 1916, the council in Washington, DC, is still actively involved in the programs. Girl Scouts of the Nation?s Capital chronicles the evolution of Girl Scouting in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia from 1913 to the present. It includes photographs from the Little House, where first ladies dropped by for housekeeping demonstrations, and the teahouses, where presidents enjoyed fresh beverages and cakes graciously served by Girl Scouts. Some 200 photographs will rekindle memories of making new friends, earning badges, spending summer nights at Camp May Flather, taking road trips to Rockwood, attending freezing inaugural parades, hiking along the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal, and participating in enormous sing-alongs around the Washington Monument.