What if... Lincoln governed America in enemy territory? The United States annexed Persia? North Alaska and South Alaska went to war? Los Angeles spread across the world? These and many more questions are answered in this gripping alternate history anthology by some of the finest writers working today, from screenwriters to historians to speculative fiction practitioners to activists, in twenty-one tales of a United States of America that's not quite like the one we know. Join us as our all-star roster of science fiction and fantasy authors explore the frontiers of over a score of different lands in ALTERED STATES OF THE UNION.
Featuring stories by:
• David Gerrold, award-winning author and writer of the legendary Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles"
• New York Times best-selling authors Peter David and Michael Jan Friedman
• David Silverman, the president of American Atheists and author of Fighting God, and Hildy Silverman, publisher of Space and Time
• Ian Randal Strock, author of The Presidential Book of Lists, Ranking the Vice Presidents, and Ranking the First Ladies
• Aaron Rosenberg, Sidewise Award finalist for best short-form alternate history
• Anne Toole, Emmy award-winning author of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
…and Russ Colchamiro, Keith R.A. DeCandido, Debra Doyle & James D. Macdonald, Brendan DuBois, Malon Edwards, G.D. Falksen, Robert Greenberger, Glenn Hauman, Alisa Kwitney, Gordon Linzner, Sarah McGill, Meredith Peruzzi, Mackenzie Reide, and Ramón Terrell.