The Complete Works of William Makepeace Thackeray! The Complete Novels, Novellas, Christmas Tales, Short-Stories, Satires, Dramas, Poems, Travels, Non-Fiction and Letters.
The Ultimate Collection of William Makepeace Thackeray! - In One Beautifully Formatted Volume!
William Makepeace Thackeray was a Satirist par excellence, creating characters that have stood the tests of time - such as 'Becky Sharp' in his famous 'Vanity Fair', or 'Barry Lyndon' - who went on to be immortalised in an oscar-winning film by Stanley Kubrick.
Hugely celebrated during his lifetime, Thackeray's works have been somewhat overlooked in recent years, but his shining talent remains obvious with even the briefest glance at his prose.
This huge volume has been carefully researched, edited, compiled and formatted, for excellent navigation and reading pleasure, and contains a huge and complete collection of the works of William Makepeace Thackeray.
The works contained in this volume are:
- A Shabby Genteel Story
- The Luck of Barry Lyndon
- Vanity Fair
- The History of Pendennis
- Men's Wives
- The History of Henry Esmond, Esq.
- The Newcombes
- The Virginians
- Lovel the Widower
- The Adventures of Philip
- Denis Duval
NOVELLAS AND SHORT STORIES
- Elizabeth Brownrigge
- Sultan Stork
- Little Spitz
- The Professor
- Miss Lowe
- The Yellowplush Papers
- The Tremendous Adventures of Major Gahagan
- The Fatal Boots
- Cox's Diary
- The Bedford-Row Conspiracy
- The History of Samuel Titmarsh and the Great Hoggarty Diamond
- The Fitz-Boodle Papers
- The Diary of C. Jeames de la Pluche, Esq. with his Letters
- A Legend of the Rhine
- A Little Dinner at Timmins's
- Rebecca and Rowena
- Bluebeard's Ghost
- Mrs Perkins's Ball
- Our Street
- Doctor Birch and His Young Friends
- The Kickleburys on the Rhine
- The Rose and the Ring
- Contributions to 'the Snob'
- Flore et Zephyr
- The Irish Sketch Book
- The Book of Snobs
- Roundabout Papers
- Some Roundabout Papers
- Dickens in France
- Character Sketches
- Sketches and Travels in London, or, Mr's Brown's Letters
- The Wolves and the Lamb
- Love-Songs Made Easy
- Five German Ditties
- Ad Ministram
- Lyra Hibernica. The Poems of the Molony of Kilballymolony
- The Ballads of Policeman X
- The Loving Ballad of Lord Bateman
- Notes of a Journey From Cornhill to Grand Cairo
- The Paris Sketch Book
- Little Travels and Roadside Sketches
- Novels By Eminent Hands
- The History of the Next French Revolution
- The Second Funeral of Napoleon
- George Cruikshank
- John Leech's Picture of Life and Character
- The English Humorists of the Eighteenth Century
- The Four Georges
- Critical Reviews
- A Lecture on "Charity and Humour"
- Various Essays, Letters, Sketches, Etc.
- The History of Dionysius Diddler.
- Contributions to Punch
- Miscellaneous Contributions to "Punch"
- "Spec" and "Prosper" Papers
- A Plan For a Prize Novel
COLLECTION OF LETTERS 1847-1855