Produto disponível no mesmo dia no aplicativo Kobo, após a confirmação  do pagamento!
Você pode ler este livro digital em vários dispositivos:
IOs - Clique para baixar o app gratuitoAndroid - Clique para baixar o app gratuitoPC - Clique para baixar o app gratuitoBlackBerry - Clique para baixar o app gratuitoWindows Phone - Clique para baixar o app gratuitoKobo - Conheça nossa linha de leitores digitais
Hearing Impairment - An Invisible Disability is the first work of its kind to comprehensively cover all aspects of hearing impairment. It covers the following categories through more than 100 contributions from all over the world to constitute an encyclopedia of hearing impairment:
- Hearing Basics: What does hearing impairment mean? Its causes and effects are explained through many real-world examples.
- Children: Childhood is a time when hearing impairment often begins, so proper treatment at an early stage can help alleviate difficulties and allow for as normal a life as possible. Many case studies from both the developed and developing parts of the world, including Indonesia and Latin America in the latter category, are provided to aid comprehension.
- Hearing Aids: Through newly emerging technology and with the help of electronics companies, new and affordable hearing aids are being developed and marketed. The authors take a closer look at this burgeoning field.
- Medical Aspects: Medical treatment of hearing impairment has recently shown remarkable change, manifested in improved techniques and applications all over the world. Although mainly of relevance to researchers and practicing physicians, the clear explanation of the medical and technical terminology is likely to be of interest to all concerned with the future of hearing impairment.
- Social and International Help: With a wealth of assistance from individuals, NGOs, and international organizations specifically tailored to help the hearing impaired, those in need of guidance can gain confidence from the knowledge that substantial support is available to help them pursue a full and varied life.