This is a cruel, heartless world with no respect for life, love, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Often characteristics of fear and paranoia develop as a way of coping with painful mental and emotional experiences. Many are trapped in the prison of fear, anxiety, doubt, intense outbursts, paranoia, unfulfilled relationships, or broken hearts. Fearful people often gravitate to one another for comfort and support. But their destructive habits do not produce the loving relationships they desperately need.
Even though it seems reasonable to fear, Jesus does not want us to be consumed with it. Replace the heartbreak of fear with characteristics of faith that transform lives and relationships. It’s important to reject fearful thoughts as we draw strength in a close relationship with Jesus that gives us the power to love, forgive, and trust others in a more excellent way. The life skills found in biblical scripture are keys to healing.
First, we must find love, peace, comfort, and security in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Then these qualities spill over into our love lives. It doesn’t happen the other way around. These are principles of health and healing:
• Submit our lives completely to the teaching of the Jesus.
• Identify with Biblical promises of peace to calm our fears.
• In the process of self-examination, forgive ourselves.
• In the process of examining our relationships, forgive others.
• Apply God’s principle of love, wisdom, and faith in romance and marriage.
• Trust God’s power in the midst of fearful circumstances.
• Pray daily about the details of our love lives.