Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Packed with landmark sights, world-renowned museums, awe-inspiring churches, fabulous trattorias, and, of course, the Vatican, Rome is a city that's worth returning to over and over again. And with so much to see and do in the Eternal City, *Fodor's Rome *is the guide to help travelers make the most of every trip.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· Major sights such as The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Trastevere, and Galleria Borghese
· Side Trips from Rome with Ostia Antica, Tivoli, and The Castelli Romani
· Coverage of Ancient Rome; The Vatican; Piazza Navona, Campo de' Fiori, and the Jewish Ghetto; Piazza di Spagna; Repubblica and Quirinale; Villa Borghese, Piazza del Popolo, and Flaminio; Trastevere; Aventino and Testaccio; Monti, Esquilino, Celio, and the Via Appia Antica
Planning to visit more of Italy? Check out Fodor's country-wide travel guide to Italy.