Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Planning to visit more of California or focus your trip? Check out Fodor's travel guides to California, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
Beautiful beaches, perfect weather, movie-star glamour...there are so many reasons to visit Southern California that deciding where to go and what to do can be a bit overwhelming. Fodor's Southern California takes the guesswork out of choosing the perfect SoCal experience---from picking the finest Santa Barbara bistro to finding the best studio tour in Hollywood.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· An 8-page color insert with a brief introduction and spectacular photos that capture the top experiences and attractions throughout Southern California.
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· Major sights such as Disneyworld, San Diego Zoo, and Santa Barbara
· Side Trips from San Diego to North County
· Coverage of San Diego, Orange County and Catalina Island, Los Angeles, The Central Coast, The Monterey Bay Area, The Inland Empire, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park, The Mojave Desert, Death Valley National Park, The Central Valley, The Southern Sierra, Yosemite National Park, and Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks