If you are thinking about moving to another country, or you are in the process of doing so right now, then you need to read this book first.
Written by an American Expat, Sharon Hiebing, who put everything she owned in three suitcases and moved to Belize, the “The Anti-Love at First Sight Expat Relocation Guide” covers all of the steps you need to go through to not only find your country of choice, but to make sure you will be happy once you get there.
You see, too many people choose their new country for all the wrong reasons. In many cases, they make the decision without understanding any of the steps they should have taken to make sure they don’t make a horrible mistake! Sharon advises you to choose a country based on facts, not infatuation!
Sharon, founder of Wealth Ships’ Expat Relocation Consulting Service, believes that every Expat goes through three distinct phases when moving to a new country:
-Phase 1 - Research
-Phase 2 - Preparation
-Phase 3 - Assimilation
This book covers Phase 1. In it, you will:
• Find out if your reasons for moving are compelling enough to get you through the arduous process
• Learn what research resources are at your disposal
• Develop what Sharon calls your “Non-Negotiable Criteria”
• Address important due-diligence considerations you may otherwise overlook
• Discover what to do, and more importantly, what not to do, when you make your first visit to the country you’re considering
• Learn important tips for dealing with your children, family, and friends during this highly stressful phase
All of these steps are necessary to make sure that nothing gets overlooked. By the time you arrive in your new country, you should be well prepared for what awaits you.
BONUS: Sharon has prepared handy worksheets that you can print out and use during your research process.
This book will help you “Relocate Without Rose-Colored Glasses” and avoid the pitfalls many Expats before you have encountered.