The second edition of National Geographic Learning's best-selling Time Zones series brings the world to the classroom. Combining a communicative approach to learning English with stunning National Geographic images, video, and content, Time Zones encourages teenage learners to:
- Explore amazing places and fascinating cultures from around the globe
- Discover the exciting worlds of science and technology, nature, history, geography, and popular culture
- Learn how to use English to communicate effectively in the real world by developing both language and critical thinking skills
Time Zones, Second Edition is a four-skills program designed to teach teenagers how to use English effectively, developing them into successful global citizens. It features:
- Engaging real-world content that brings National Geographic Explorers and 21st century topics into the classroom.
- A communicative approach that offers students the opportunity to learn about and critically discuss global issues.
- National Geographic video in every unit, introducing amazing places, culture, and information from around the world.
- An all-new Starter level, introducing students to the essential English language skills and vocabulary necessary for true beginners.
New and Enhanced in the Second Edition:
- New Video sections in every unit motivate learners and provide engaging opportunities to synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Updated Real World pages introduce real-life National Geographic Explorers and their passions, and serve as a springboard for classroom discussion.
- A new Starter Combo level introduces the language and vocabulary needed for success in the classroom, and provides practice and reinforcement through corresponding Workbook pages.
- The new Online Workbook with National Geographic video allows learners greater flexibility for additional practice - anywhere, anytime.