High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! Yanco Powerhouse Museum is located at Binua Street in Yanco, New South Wales Australia. YAnco Power Station was built in 1913 to supply power to the MIA (Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area), when power was required for general lightning and for the Leeton Butter Factory. THe site on which it was constructed was chosen as it was close to the Yanco railway line for obtaining coal and close to a water source which would be used for condensing water using a secondhand 75 KW generator. 6.5 kilometers of transmission lines were installed on flexible steel poles erected which were the first of their kind in Australia. THe station's construction is concrete. IN 1937 the five story building was extended. IT was decommissioned in 1957 when the Snowy Mountains Scheme was completed.