Are there two or more computers in your house - but only one printer? Do your kids want to play games on the Internet at the same time you want to check your e-mail? Is your entire household competing for the same dial tone?
If you’re running more than one PC under your roof, THIS WIRED HOME can show you how to build a simple network—and quickly multiply the computing power for your family or home office.
Just follow the easy step-by-step instructions for creating a secure and reliable network that can grow as your family or business grows. This how-to guide is written in plain, nontechnical language so you can put the information to work right away. You’ll learn how to-
* Save time-save money-by sharing files, programs, printers, and other resources;
* Match a networking solution to your needs-from direct PC-to-PC connections to DSL, wireless systems, and networks that run on your home electrical or phone lines;
* Find the best free and low-cost connection software-including using the built-in capabilities of the Microsoft Windows® Me, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 98, and Windows 95 operating systems;
* Hook up PCs and Macs on the same network;
* Share a single phone line and Internet account;
* Use your private network to send electronic sticky notes, maintain a central calendar, play multiplayer interactive games, and dial in from the road;
* See what’s ahead for home networking technologies and how to make wiring and setup decisions now that can evolve with the times.
Detalhes do Produto
Subtítulo: MICROSOFT GUIDE TO HOME NETWORKING - 2ND EDITION