With this book and Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, you’ll learn to
- Find, preview, open, sort, move, copy, rename, and delete files and folders; print a file without opening it; easily reopen recently used files; and recover deleted files;
- Connect to a network over a phone line, connect two PCs directly, understand My Network Places, create a user account, change passwords, and share files;
- Set up an Internet connection and Internet Mail and Newsgroup accounts, browse the Web, use the Favorites and History lists, and avoid viruses;
- Send and receive e-mail and faxes, use your PC as a speakerphone, and use Microsoft NetMeeting® for meetings and conference calls;
- Customize your desktop, manage power usage, take files and Web pages on the road, synchronize files with a laptop, use Roaming Profiles, and encrypt folders and files.