Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for more than 80 years.
Tokyo is a vast metropolis that can confound and delight with its complexity. With everything from fabulous shrines, historic temples, and traditional gardens to cutting-edge modern fashion boutiques, karaoke bars, ramen shops, and sushi dens, the city would take a lifetime to fully explore and experience. Fodor’s Tokyo is the guidebook that will help make sure that you have the trip of a lifetime.
This travel guide includes:
- Dozens of full-color maps
- Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor’s Choice designating our top picks
- Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
- In-depth breakout features on Japanese cuisine, shopping in Tokyo, and Mt. Fuji
- Major sights such as Tokyo Skytree, Tsukiji Fish Market, and Senso Temple
- Side Trips from Tokyo including Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, Nikko, Kamakura and Yokohama
- Coverage of Asakusa, Akihabara and Jimbo-cho, and Shinjuku