Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. THe Wobbelin camp, near the city of Ludwigslust, was a subcamp of the Neuengamme concentration camp. THe SS had established Wobbelin to house concentration camp prisoners whom the SS had evacuated from other camps to prevent their liberation by the Allies. AT its height, Wobbelin held some 5,000 inmates, most of whom were suffering from starvation and disease. THe camp was freed on May 2, 1945.IN September 1944 a small camp was built called aerie of egret (German: Reiherhorst) for US prisoners of war. ON 12 February 1945 a group of inmates were transported to build a larger camp, now called KZ Wobbelin. THe SS-physician Alfred Trzebinski stated during his trial, that 648 people were held at Wobbelin camp until the end of March 1945. IN mid-April several transports from subcamps of Neuengamme and Ravensbruck concentration camp with more than 4,000 inmates arrived.